Books - Quotes
- "Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few to be chewed and digested."
-- Francis Bacon
- "A truly great book should be read in youth, again in maturity and once more in old age, as a fine building should be seen by morning light, at noon and by moonlight."
-- Robertson Davies
- "The covers of this book are too far apart."
-- Ambrose Bierce (1842-1914)
- "Books are the bees which carry the quickening pollen from one to another mind."
-- James Russell Lowell
- "All books are divisible into two classes, the books of the hour, and the books of all time."
-- John Ruskin
- "Books are the treasured wealth of the world and the fit inheritance of generations and nations."
-- Henry David Thoreau
- "There's many a bestseller that could have been prevented by a good teacher."
-- Flannery O'Connor
- "Why don't you write books people can read?"
-- Nora Joyce to her husband James
- "Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint."
-- Mark Twain
Back to ETNI Quotes