- "One of the most adventurous things left us is to go to bed. For no one can lay a hand on our dreams." -- E. V. Lucas
- "Throw your dreams into space like a kite, and you do not know what it will bring back, a new life, a new friend, a new love, a new country." -- Anais N
- "Only the dreamer shall understand realities, though in truth his dreaming must be not out of proportion to his waking."
-- Margaret Fuller
- "When your dreams tire, they go underground and out of kindness that's where they stay."
-- Libby Houston
- "We've removed the ceiling above our dreams. There are no more impossible dreams."
-- Jesse Jackson
- "If a dream affords the dreamer some light on himself, it is not the person with closed eyes who makes the discovery but the person with open eyes lucid enough to fit thoughts together. Dream--a scintillating mirage surrounded by shadows--is essentially poetry."
-- Michel Leiris
- "Where all is but dream, reasoning and arguments are of no use, truth and knowledge nothing."
-- John Locke
- "A dreamer lives forever,
And a toiler dies in a day."
-- John Boyle O'Reilly
- "In bed my real love has always been the sleep that rescued me by allowing me to dream."
-- Luigi Pirandello
- "To believe in one's dreams is to spend all of one's life asleep."
-- Chinese Proverb
- "You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?""
-- George Bernard Shaw
- "If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them."
-- Henry David Thoreau
- "Dreams come true; without that possibility, nature would not incite us to have them."
--- John Updike
- "Anyone can escape into sleep, we are all geniuses when we dream, the butcher's the poet's equal there." -- E. M. Cioran