- I am about to - or I am going to - die; either expression is used.
- Dominique Bouhours, French grammarian
- Now comes the mystery.
- Henry Ward Beecher (March 8, 1887)
- Now, now my good man, this is no time for making enemies.
-Voltaire (1694-1778), on his deathbed in response to a priest asking that he renounce Satan.
- What is the answer? In that case, what is the question?
- Gertrude Stein
- Go on, get out. Last words are for fools who haven't said enough.
- Karl Marx, Last words to his housekeeper
- The fog is rising.
- Emily Dickinson
- The nourishment is palatable.
- Millard Fillmore
- They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist…
- John B. Sedgwick, General (1864)
- This is the fourth?
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)
- Why yes -- a bulletproof vest.
- James Rodges, murderer, on his final request before the firing squad
- Goodbye, Everybody!
- Hart Crane, poet, who committed suicide by jumping overboard during a steamship voyage.
- I don't feel good.
- Luther Burbank (1849-1926)
- I still live.
- Daniel Webster
- More light!
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe (1749-1832)
- Show my head to the people, it is worth seeing.
Georges Danton , Last words to his executioner
- Such is life.
- Ned Kelly, Last words, before being hung at Old Melbourne Gaol
- Ah, well, then I suppose I shall have to die beyond my means.
- Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)
- Ain't I volatile?
- Charles Dickens (1812-1870)
- And now, in keeping with Channel 40's policy of always bringing you the latest in blood and guts, in living color, you're about to see another first - an attempted suicide.
- Chris Hubbock, who shot herself during a broadcast
- Ask her to wait a moment - I am almost done.
- Carl Friedrich Gauss (1777-1855), while working, when informed that his wife is dying.
- Crito, I owe a cock to Asclepius; will you remember to pay the debt?
- Socrates (470-399 B.C.)
- Dieu me pardonnera. C'est son métier. (God will forgive me. It's his job)
- Heinrich Heine
- Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something.
- Pancho Villa (1877-1923)
- Drink to me.
- Pablo Picasso (1881-1973)
- Friends applaud, the Comedy is over.
- Ludwig von Beethoven
- Go away... I'm alright.
- H. G. Wells (1866-1946)
Back to ETNI Quotes