Love - Quotes
- "Love has the power of making you believe what you would normally treat with the deepest suspicion."
- "Love is but the discovery of ourselves in others, and the delight in the recognition."
-- Alexander Smith
- "I detest 'love lyrics.' I think one of the causes of bad mental health in the United States is that people have been raised on 'love lyrics."
- Frank Zappa
- "A happy man marries the girl he loves; a happier man loves the girl he
- "Love is like quicksilver in the hand. Leave the fingers open and it stays. Clutch it, and it darts away."
- Dorothy Parker
- "The magic of first love is our ignorance that it can ever end."
-- Benjamin Disraeli (1804-1881) Henrietta Temple (1837)
- "Love is an irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired."
-- Robert Frost
- "Heav'n hath no rage like love to hatred turn'd, Nor Hell a fury, like a woman scorn'd."
-- William Congreve
- "We attract hearts by the qualities we display; we retain them by the qualities we possess."
-- Jean Baptiste Antoine Suard, French journalist (1734-1817)
- "A mighty pain to love it is, and 'tis a pain that pain to miss; but of all the pains, the greatest pain is to love, but love in vain."
-- Abraham Crowley
- "So much of what we know of love we learn at home."
- "You don't marry someone you can live with - you marry the person who you cannot live without."
- ""Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other but in looking outward together in the same direction."
- "He that falls in love with himself will have no rivals."
-- Benjamin Franklin
- "True love is like ghosts, which everybody talks about and few have seen."
-- La Rochefoucauld
- "Tell me whom you love and I will tell you who you are."
- "We perceive when love begins and when it declines by our embarrassment when alone together."
-- La Bruyere
- "Better to have loved and lost, than to have never loved at all."
-- St. Augustine
- "Friendship often ends in love; but love in friendship - never." -- Charles Caleb Colton
- "The richest love is that which submits to the arbitration of time."
-- Lawrence Durrell
- "There is no remedy for love but to love more."
- "If you love someone, let them go. If they return to you, it was meant to be. If they don't, their love was never yours to begin with..."
- "The world is divided between those who believe that love is of the heart
and sex is of the body, and those that know the opposite."
-- R. Verdi
- "Old concept: Love is blind. Marriage is an eye opener.
New concept: Love is not blind -- it simply enables one to see
things others fail to see.
Back to ETNI Quotes